I bottled 5 gallons of Summer Ale today. I thought it was going to be a little short. I was estimating 4.65 gallons in the bottling bucket and added 3 5/8 oz corn sugar for priming and dissolved it in about 2 cups of very hot Culligan water. I made sure to stir it in well, to distribute it evenly. I actually wound up with 49 bottles. The beer is pale and not sparkling clear, but I don’t mind. It didn’t really have much trub, so it should be good.
Looking forward to this one carbing up and seeing how it turns out, The sample I got today is definitely more interesting than it was before the 1/2 oz Citra dry hop addition. I confirmed an FG of 1.011 for an ABV of 5.25%. Right on target!