It has been just past a week in primary fermentation for McQuinn’s Robust Porter. Activity really seemed to dive after just a few days, but I gave it a week anyway. It looks pretty good…nice color and decent clarity.
I’ll see how it settles in Secondary. It may not need very long. The hydrometer sample I collected puts the SG at 1.010 at 73.6F, corrected=1.011; the recipe projected the final at 1.015, so I’m already beyond that.
A little taste is nice and roasty. I think it’s good, but I don’t have enough experience with porters to really know what I’ve got. It might just be mediocre. Eventually, I’ll get some reviews. For now, I’ll just keep on rolling.
Now I need to see if I want to try and harvest the Mangrove Jack’s British Ale Yeast. It certainly seems to be a quick and effective bunch of critters!